Devices running the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or earlier operating system
The MOTOROLA MOBILE Terms and Conditions and the MOTOROLA MOBILE Privacy Statement (collectively the Agreement) form a binding contract between you and Motorola Mobility, Inc., a Delaware corporation, with its principal place of business at 600 US Highway 45, Libertyville, IL 60048, United States of America, (Motorola). Any terms defined in the Agreement will have the same meaning as in both the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement. Using the MOTOROLA MOBILE software and services (MOTOROLA MOBILE) constitutes your acceptance of the terms of the Agreement without modification. If you do not accept the terms of the Agreement, then you may not use MOTOROLA MOBILE.
This Privacy Statement applies to your use of the MOTOROLA MOBILE Software and Services (MOTOROLA MOBILE) unless otherwise set out in the Welcome email that you received upon registering your MOTOROLA MOBILE account. This statement does not apply to information Motorola may collect in any other manner, including on its non-MOTOROLA MOBILE websites, through email messages you may send, to authorized Motorola representatives, or otherwise.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MOTOROLA COLLECT?
Motorola collects a variety of information from you and your mobile device, including:
- Information about you such as your name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, your contacts, calendar, account credentials, user settings and preferences, payment card information, your username and password, your purchase preferences, and social networking credentials that you have stored on your mobile device;
- Information about your mobile device such as your wireless phone number, the type of device and mobile network you are using, your device's IMEI number or SIM card ID, the location of your device (whether determined by wireless networks, cell tower triangulation, or GPS); and
- Information about how you use your mobile device, such as your installation and use of applications on your device the status of your device's battery, diagnostic information, your use of accessories, and activation of hardware features
HOW DOES MOTOROLA USE MY INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Generally, Motorola uses the information it collects from your device to:
- Operate MOTOROLA MOBILE, including allowing your device to interact with third party services such as websites and social networks and to locate your device if lost or stolen;
- Support MOTOROLA MOBILE, including providing information about Motorola, MOTOROLA MOBILE, and your MOTOROLA MOBILE account; performing system restores, updates, backups, remote diagnostics, troubleshooting, remote erase, or finding a lost device; and any other services performed, provided or enabled by or through MOTOROLA MOBILE;
- Deliver information you may find interesting such as information about products and services related to MOTOROLA MOBILE or your device, whether provided by Motorola or a third party;
- Help Motorola customize and/or improve MOTOROLA MOBILE;
- As otherwise described at the time such information is collected; and
- For legal reasons such as uses described in the MOTOROLA MOBILE Terms and Conditions, to resolve disputes and collect fees owed, and to comply with applicable laws.
HOW DOES MOTOROLA SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Motorola will also share your information with third parties if it believes it is required by law or contract to do so, if all or part of its business is acquired by a third party, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the MOTOROLA MOBILE Agreement or may be violating Motorola's or other's rights or causing injury to or interference with Motorola's or other's property. Unless specifically authorized in this paragraph, Motorola will not share information about your location with third parties except as necessary in connection with the uses described in this privacy statement.
WHAT ARE MY CHOICES, HOW DO I CONTACT MOTOROLA, AND WHERE IS MOTOROLA?
You can request access to the personal information contained in your MOTOROLA MOBILE account by contacting Motorola at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for making sure the information you provide to Motorola is accurate and complete and for updating or correcting such information as necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Motorola, you may visit http://optout.motorola.com or follow the directions contained in the email to remove your name from our mailing list(s). Please note that by refusing to provide personal information or by denying or withdrawing consent to use personal information as identified in this privacy statement, you may be unable to participate in certain Motorola-sponsored programs or activities.
For other questions or requests about the use of your information, including requests to opt out of the collection or use of certain kinds of information, please contact Motorola by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Motorola Mobility, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Compliance Program
600 North U.S. Highway 45
Libertyville, Illinois 60048
Your information will be transferred to Motorola, a company located in Illinois, USA. If you reside outside of the United States, you hereby specifically consent to the transfer of your information, including without limitation personally identifiable information and all information described herein, to the USA for processing and storage by Motorola. You understand that the U.S. may not have laws that provide the same level of protection as laws in your home country.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DOES MOTOROLA TAKE?
Motorola uses standard technical and organizational security measures, where appropriate, to protect the personally identifiable information that it collects and maintains. However, no data transmitted over a wireless or interactive network is 100% secure, and many of the communications you make using MOTOROLA MOBILE will be accessible to third parties. You should therefore be cautious when submitting any personally identifiable information using MOTOROLA MOBILE, and you understand that you are using MOTOROLA MOBILE at your own risk.
As a global company, Motorola has international sites and users all over the world. The personal information you provide may be transmitted, used, stored, and otherwise processed outside of the country where you submitted that information, including jurisdictions that may not have data privacy laws that provide equivalent protection to such laws in your home country.
WHAT ABOUT MY CHILD'S PRIVACY?
Motorola provides MOTOROLA MOBILE for use by persons age 16 and over. Motorola does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 16. Children under 16 years of age should not submit information to Motorola. Motorola will delete information collected from children under 16 immediately upon discovery and will not use the information for any purpose. Motorola encourages parents to take an active role in their children's use of any interactive service or device, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of March 1, 2011 and is subject to change without notice.