June 17, 2021 - A new era of rugged mobile phones is here with the announcement of the motorola defy, the first device into this new family. To bring this smartphone to life, Motorola selected Bullitt Group, a global leader in award-winning rugged mobile phones, to deliver a device that can cope with the stress of day to day life and outdoor adventures. The motorola defy delivers all the protective features consumers need without compromising on performance, power or battery life.
The motorola defy reinforces the Motorola mission to deliver meaningful innovation to all and is tested for real life resistance. It is a waterproof phone, certified to industry standards (IP68) and can be submerged to depths of 1.5m for 35 minutes1, thanks in part to its unique dual-sealed housing. In addition, it is drop proof to 1.8m2 and certified to military standards (MIL SPEC 810H), facing temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests.
34% of consumers have broken or damaged their smartphone in the last three years so importantly the motorola defy also delivers comprehensive protection against this everyday frustration. From falling off a car roof, to a fumbling fall from your pocket, coffee spills to being left out in the sun3, this rugged smartphone will handle many daily mishaps wherever your day takes you. In a world where hygiene has never been as important as it is today, it is equally reassuring that this durability means you can wash the motorola defy as often as you wash your hands.
Take sharper, brighter photos in any conditions thanks to the 48MP f/1.8 sensor4 with Quad Pixel technology, perfect for sunrise or sunset shots and anything in between, this camera stands out in the rugged category. And view them on its 6.5” HD+ display protected by thick Corning® Gorilla® Glass VictusTM Plus, you’ll never have to miss a moment with two days battery life5 on a single charge thanks to its 5,000mAh battery with TurboPowerTM charging. This is the phone for people who defy every day and demand a phone that does the same.
motorola defy is available in Forged Green or Black with a sleek, textured design making it more grippy, and a detachable lanyard wrist strap to anchor it to your hand for those times when you need a bit more peace of mind, attach it whenever it might come in handy.
Availability & Pricing
motorola defy will be available in select European and LATAM markets in the coming weeks with a starting MSRP of €329 / £279. Price may vary per country. For full specification visit www.motorolarugged.com. Images can be found on our website (you agree to our license terms when downloading images or videos)
Moto Defy Specifications
- Waterproof - up to 1.5m (5ft) for 35 minutes. Dual-sealed housing
- Sand, dust and dirt, humidity and salt mist resistant - IP68 certified
- Military standards, MIL-SPEC 810H temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests
- Drop tested repeatedly up to 1.8m (6ft) on to steel. Structurally reinforced PCB. High quality lanyard to reduce drops
- Real life resistant. Washable with soaps and mild disinfectants
- Powerful 5000mAh non removable battery, 20W TurboPowerTMcharging. USB Type C.
- Waterproof port. Up to two days battery life
- 6.5" HD+ display protected by 0.7mm thick Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ and 0.5mm recess. Usable with wet fingers
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11)
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)6
- Qualcomm SD662 2GHz octa-core processor
- 48MP f/1.8 main sensor + 2MP depth + 2MP macro, 8MP front camera
- LTE Cat 4, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- [bands: LATAM: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/19/28/66 or
- EMEA: 1/2/3/5/7/8/18/19/20/26/28/38/40/41]
- 3G HSPA+ [bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8 or 1/2/5/8/19]
- 2G GSM [bands: 2/3/5/8]
- Textured, extra grip design
- Programmable Shortcut Key with Push to Talk (PTT) mode
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 3.5mm headset jack (waterproof)
- Dual SIM – Nano SIM + microSD™
- 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 2 years
- Zero-touch support
- Available in forged green and black
Certain features, functionality and product specifications may be network dependent and subject to additional terms, conditions, and charges. All are subject to change without notice. MOTOROLA, Stylized M Logo, MOTO and the MOTO family of marks are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. Corning is a registered trademark of Corning Incorporated, Corning, N.Y., USA © 2020 Corning Incorporated. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2021 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved.
1. IP68 Certified: Dust proof and fully waterproof for up to 1.5 meters for 35 minutes. If used in saltwater, rinse the device afterwards, including the audio jack and the USB connector, to avoid salt corrosion.
2. Drop-proof up to a height of 1.8 meters
3. Operational temperature range of -25º C to + 55º C. It can also handle extreme changes in temperature: shifting between cold and hot, or vice versa very quickly
4. The 48MP sensor combines 4 pixels into 1, for an effective photo resolution of 12MP.
5. Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are based on 3G and are subject to network and phone usage. All battery life claims are approximate and based on the median user tested across a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network and device settings, temperature, battery condition, and usage patterns.
6. Available user storage is less due to many factors, including operating system, software and functions utilizing part of this capacity; may change with software updates. Supports up to 512 GB microSD card, microSD cards sold separately. It may not be possible to move content with DRM restrictions to the card.
Upload and download speeds depend on network availability, geography and carrier rules regarding data usage.
About Bullitt Group
Bullitt Group are the pioneers of rugged mobile with over a decade of 'tough tech’ experience. Since its formation in 2009, Bullitt has consistently led the market with its innovation and won international awards for its tough mobile products. Bullitt designs, manufactures, and distributes millions of mobile phones to over 50 markets worldwide.
Bullitt is the global licensee for Cat® (Caterpillar Inc.) Land Rover and Motorola for mobile phones and related peripherals. Its portfolio is constantly learning and evolving through rugged consumer research and development, using its exceptional expertise at strengthening and toughening mobile technology for the demands of extreme working conditions and hard knocks of everyday life.
Bullitt Group’s Head Office is in Reading, England with additional office locations in the United States, Taiwan, China, South Africa, Germany, and Australia.
About Motorola Strategic Brand Partnerships
For over 90 years the Motorola brand has been known around the world for high quality, innovative and trusted products. Motorola’s Strategic Brand Partnership program seeks to leverage the power of this iconic brand by teaming with dynamic companies who offer unique, high quality products that enrich consumer’s lives. Strategic brand partners work closely with Motorola engineers while developing and manufacturing their products, ensuring that their products meet the exacting safety, quality, and reliability standards that consumers have come to expect from Motorola. To learn more about Motorola strategic brand partnerships, follow us @ShopMotorola.