Motorola Mobility welcomes input on potential software vulnerabilities so that we can take appropriate steps to maintain the security of our products and systems.
Motorola Mobility appreciates researchers following responsible disclosure practices and not prematurely revealing vulnerability information during the time required to address a problem. Premature public disclosure can place our customers and users at increased levels of risk.
Submit Security Vulnerability Information Only
This page is only for researchers who have information about Motorola Mobility security vulnerabilities. Please direct other inquiries such as the following through normal Motorola Mobility Support channels:
- A request for product repair
- Help with installation, configuration, or operational questions
- A functional software bug
- A new product or feature recommendation
- A comment on a product or feature
How To Submit A Suspected Security Vulnerability
A security vulnerability is a condition in a system or a device that can be exploited to violate its intended behavior, relative to confidentiality, integrity or availability.
- For Motorola Mobility customers: Please provide vulnerability inputs through your normal service support process. This will reduce the time is takes to reach the proper team.
- For independent researchers: You may submit a security vulnerability by email or phone: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please encrypt sensitive information) Telephone: +1.866.343.5220 (In the U.S.); +1.302.444.9838 (All other locations)
To help us better address your discovery, please include the following information:
- Contact information: Your name, telephone number and email address
- Product impacted: Model number and software version, if available
- Vulnerability: Please provide a description of the vulnerability
- Details: Information on how to create an exploit. Are you aware of an active exploit?
- Disclosure: Have you disclosed your findings to anyone other than Motorola Mobility? If so, to whom?
What To Expect After You Provide Your Input
Please allow up to five business days for an acknowledgment of your input. This time will allow us to be sure your input is forwarded to the appropriate design teams. If, for any reason, you do not receive an acknowledgment, please contact us again to ensure your input has not been lost.
After a patch or work-around has been distributed, Motorola Mobility will acknowledge researchers who do not prematurely disclose vulnerability information and who do not publish details that could be used to create an exploit.
Security Vulnerability: Contact Us:
Researchers may submit security vulnerability information to Motorola Mobility via email or phone: